Vancer was founded to engineer, build, and distribute quality, innovative and safe maintenance-of-way (MOW) equipment for the railroad industry. By working closely with the railroad industry, Vancer has developed and supplied high quality, MOW solutions that help maintain thousands of miles of track each year. At Vancer, we take great pride in keeping our finger on the pulse of the rail industry. We listen. We learn. And we are committed to finding successful solutions for our railroad customers.
The Vancer team was formed with decades of rail industry experience and works with a determination to create new opportunities to develop and build custom MOW equipment for rail clients. With machines built on a Caterpillar foundation and a dedication to do whatever it takes to get the job done – Vancer has and will continue to proudly support key infrastructure projects which help the expansion and connectivity of our country.
To maintain track lines in every kind of environment and weather, railroads need equipment and service they can depend on. We pride ourselves on being there for our customers when they need the equipment, service and support to get their work done.
Vancer was formed with decades of industry experience and provides us an opportunity to support key infrastructure projects leading to the expansion and connectivity of our country.
Through hard work and a determination to create new opportunities, we partnered with Class I railroads to develop and build custom MOW equipment with Caterpillar® machines as the foundation. To maintain track lines throughout the country, railroads needed equipment they could depend on. At Vancer, we pride ourselves on doing whatever it takes to make sure our customers have what they need to get their work done.
That “whatever it takes” approach starts with our engineering. Our team of engineers is dedicated to improving existing MOW equipment and developing new product designs tailored specifically for the unique needs of our customers.
We do it in two ways: First, we take traditional Cat equipment—wheel loaders, excavators and more—and provide enhancements for general railway maintenance. The second is by using Cat equipment as a base and then engineering them with additional components such as hi-rail gear that we design in-house. The final product is equipment made specifically for railway maintenance.
Vancer also has the technology and ability to fabricate custom parts. We’re able to go through the whole process—from prototyping to fabrication—in a much shorter time span, thanks to our in-house engineering and development team.
What truly sets Vancer apart from other MOW companies is our commitment to service—it’s this commitment that shapes everything we do.
- Many of our rail clients count on us for our service capabilities. The reason: Our number one goal is to ensure they have the right tool to run efficiently and effectively. We provide this service in a variety of ways:
- In-Shop Services—Vancer shop facilities are located in Lincoln, NE and Galesburg, IL, and are equipped with Federal Railroad Administration-compliant tools and diagnostic equipment needed to quickly fix any problems that arise with the machinery. Our factory-trained technicians are current in the latest repair techniques and have parts available at their fingertips. Our team can also build parts to unique specifications.
- Testing Services—Vancer has access to a full-service Fluid Analysis Lab. This means that we can assist with all maintenance of hi-rail equipment, including testing the machine’s fluids to pinpoint potential issues before they become job-stopping problems.
- Field Services— Our field service technicians are ready to perform regular maintenance as well as unexpected repairs on the jobsite. With fully equipped service trucks – our techs have the tools and the expertise to diagnose and repair machines quickly while following all e-RAILSAFE and FRA safety regulations.
- On-Site Training—To ensure your maintenance team is comfortable and confident in the machine’s operation, we provide comprehensive training at your jobsite. We can also customize training to meet specific client needs.
Contact Vancer today. Our rail solutions will let your crew focus on what they do best – getting the job done the right way the first time, every time.
Railway Interchange 2019 Annual ConferenceRead More
Vancer Attends NRC Conference
This video, shown at the NRC conference, quickly demonstrates Vancer engineering and manufacturing capabilities.Read More
Huddig Demo Day
Read about the Huddig equipment demo hosted by Vancer that included open machine time, lunch, and more on November 8th. Huddig representatives from Sweden were present for this special event.Read More