Introducing the Next Generation Tie Crane
Category: Equipment and Solutions
Excavators, wheel loaders, and bulldozers tend to get all the glory when it comes to MOW machinery. Still, tie cranes are the true workhorses for maintenance and transport projects for railroad material handling.
Agile and flexible, tie cranes have the strength to handle the most demanding on-track maintenance jobs but can also tackle general maintenance duties, whether it’s laying out new ties or picking up and disposing of used ones lying along the right-of-way.
The Vancer CTC08 Tie Crane
Now, Vancer is proud to introduce the next generation of tie cranes. Redesigned in 2021, the Vancer CTC08 Tie Crane boasts all of the rugged features you’ve come to rely on in a tie crane, along with the latest equipment technology to help MOW crews get the job done effectively — and safely.
The Vancer CTC08 Tie Crane boasts a compact design that gives operators the ability to handle railroad concrete and wood ties and tackle numerous other material handling applications. Safety features like an in-cab rear camera allow greater visibility and accuracy while placing ties. The standard quadrant stop protection protects the machine and the operator from swinging boom to adjacent rail lines while working.
Other new features on the new Vancer CTC08 Tie Crane include:
- A grapple that can hold multiple ties at once, as well as a tie placer that can move multiple ties with ease.
- A pre-fill system for hydraulic oil that allows for quick refills of hydraulic oil and a standard high-pressure filter to keep the machine running in top form (and keep dirty oil and contaminants out of the hydraulic system).
- The ability to couple with a variety of attachments.
The Vancer CTC08 Tie Crane is a lighter-weight on-track machine with an operating weight of 25,000 lbs. and can travel up to 25 miles per hour.
Additional Technical Specifications:
- Engine: Cat C3.3B
- Net Power: 5 hp (51.8 kW)
- Tier: Tier 4 Final
- Shipping Height: 10 ft (3.1 m)
- Shipping Length: 7 ft (7.2 m)
- Shipping Width: 4 ft (2.6 m)
- Fuel Tank: 39 gal (147 L)
- Tail Swing: 2 ft (1.6m) – pending additional counterweight
- Other Specs: 8 RPM Swing Speed
Make on-track maintenance more manageable — and get more done — by adding the redesigned Vancer CTC08 Tie Crane to your maintenance of way fleet. Contact Vancer today!