The CTB41B hi-rail excavator is the most productive piece of maintenance equipment in the railroad industry. This machine features a hydraulically powered hi-rail gear undercarriage with train air brakes, multiple tool carrier functionality, dual pivoting railcar couplers – plus, unmatched travel and transport capabilities.
It’s designed and built to deliver versatility and strength which allows operators to under-cut, trench, tie insert, tamp, brush cut, move railcars and more.
High-Rail - The hydraulically powered hi-rail function allows for easy adjustment when switching from off-track to hi-rail and track travel. It’s designed with powerful front and rear-facing pivoting couplers which allows the machine to pull upwards of three railcars, pull ballast carts and transport attachment trailers.
Engine - It’s powered by the industry-leading Cat C9 with ACERT™ Technology which delivers consistent high performance and unmatched fuel efficiency. Backup power supply is included.
Safety - Safety is a priority of the railroads. Custom engineered safety features provide safe, easy access and serviceability to machine components.
Attachments - The CTB41B hi-rail excavator operates an extensive line of attachments and specialized railroad tools to optimize jobsite productivity. It features hydraulic tool control circuit, hydraulic flow and pressure ratings along with a customized swivel function to allow for a full 360˚ attachment rotation.
- Engine: Cat C9 ACERT™ Technology
- U.S. EPA Tier III Certified
- Net Power: 303 hp (226kW)
- Operating Weight: 96,000 lb (43,544 kg)
- Shipping Height: 11.6 ft (3.5 m)
- Shipping Length: 33 ft (10 m)
- Shipping Width: 11.6 ft (3.5 m)
- High-Rail Speed: 25 mph maximum recommended travel speed
- Hydraulic Quick Coupler
- LCD Monitor
- Tool Control Systems
- Vandalism Guards
- High Ambient Cooling Capacity with Debris Purging Capability
- Heavy Duty Guarded Operator Cab
- Air Conditioning
- Full High-Rail Operator Cab Control
- Rail Car Couplers
- Train Air Brakes
- Tie Tampers
- Tie Inserters
- Under-Cutter Bars
- Brush Cutters
- Cat Work Tools Attachments